We may revise, modify or change the Terms at any time at our sole discretion with or without notice. Your continued use of the Site after we post changes to the Terms constitutes acceptance of the Terms as modified. It is your responsibility to regularly review the Terms.
2. Intellectual Property Rights
uccmb.ca owns all rights to the Site, its services, the technology, information, documents, files, webpages and other product developed in connection with the Site or available on the Site. Submitting content to any area of the Site does NOT transfer ownership rights. You retain the ownership rights to your content. By submitting content, however, you give certain limited rights to both uccmb.ca.
You grant uccmb.ca the right to edit, modify, quote, or reformat your content on the Site. You also grant us a perpetual non-exclusive worldwide royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display your content on the Site and to promote the Site.
Other than your content or Third party content, we, and/or our software suppliers, own or license all text, graphics, logos, icons, images, photographs, audio clips, video clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software and such content is protected by Canadian and international copyright and other intellectual property rights. All software used on the Site or in conjunction with its operation is the property of uccmb.ca and/or its software suppliers and is protected by Canadian and international copyright laws.
3. Conduct of Users
Your right to access and use the Site is subject to the following prohibitions:
- You may not reproduce or distribute, or cause to be reproduced or distributed, any image or material that you retrieve from the Site, without the express prior permission of both uccmb.ca and, in the case of copyrighted materials, the copyright owner, except for such reproduction as occurs in the ordinary course of viewing or commenting on others’ User Content using a web browser in accordance with uccmb.ca guidelines and the Terms.
- You may not use the Site to violate anyone’s copyright, trademark, intellectual property rights, or privacy rights. The content that you submit must be your work in its entirety.
- You may not use or launch any automated system, including “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that access the Site in a manner that sends more request messages to the our servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser.
- From time to time, you may have access to other users’ email addresses. You may not gather these email addresses for purposes of spamming or for any purpose other than personal communication. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Site, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Site (e.g. comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes.
4. Third Party Websites
The Site contains links to third party websites that we do not own or control. uccmb.ca does not review or edit the content of any third party links, and uccmb.ca has no control over what happens at any third party website. We assume no responsibility for the content, policies or practices of any third party websites. You expressly agree to release uccmb.ca from any liability that arises from your use of a third party website.
5. Reservation of Rights
You may access uccmb.ca content, only as permitted under the Terms. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site. We reserve the right to discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time.
We collect and store the the IP address of the user’s computer, the user’s browser software and operating system, the date and time the user accesses the site and the Internet address of any Web site from which the user clicked directly to our site (“HTTP referer”) and, in some cases, to which the user clicks to follow a hyperlink from our site. We use this information to measure the number of visitors to various sections of uccmb.ca and we sometimes share this information, typically aggregated, with third parties for advertising or commercial purposes.